Total Pageviews

Friday, March 21, 2014

A Reading Success Story from A Teacher and Parent

I had the opportunity to work in a Child Development School with Ms. Trower a few years ago.  She teaches young children and realizes the benefits of reading from infancy.  I was impressed by her post on Face Book today and asked her permission to share it.  Ms. Trower has been reading to her daughter since infancy and provides a perfect example of how this has positively influenced early learning.  We hope you smile when you read about her daughter's special birthday request.  (This reminded me of my own children's gift requests...they always involve books and journals!)


Special Guest Report

 Shawnvette Trower
My daughter surprises me more and more each day. I asked her what is one thing that she really wants for her 6th birthday and her response was "I love learning, I want a book that tells me about the world because there's so much more that I need to know about the world." She told me to add in a notebook so she can take notes.
 
Mary Varville-Rodriguez May I share this on my blog site dedicated to early literacy and a love for books? This is so inspiring and exactly why reading is so important!  
 
Shawnvette Trower: Sure Mary Varville-Rodriguez that would be great


The following book was recommended by Shawnvette's friend on her face book page
 
    
 
 
Why do we have eyebrows? What's a black hole and what happens if you fall into one? What's the fastest a human is capable of running? Why do wet fingers stick to metal in the freezer? Where is the deepest point on Earth? Divided by subject area - humans, animals, environment/nature, technology...
 

Happy Reading
and
Journaling!
 
  
http://www.fc.summit.k12.nj.us/Login/FOV2-00100F39/S018ADB99.0/world-book-day.jpg

 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment